Summer Program in Greece and Italy 2023: Explore Antiquities
Explore the ancient sites of Greece and Italy! You will start off in Rome and visit sites such as the Colosseum, the Vatican, and the Roman Forums. Then you will travel South to visit Sorrento, a quaint seaside town. From there you will travel to Pompeii, one of the wealthiest cities in the ancient world, devastated by the eruption of Mount Vesuvius. You will then take a night ferry into Greece, visiting first the famous Oracle in Delphi, and then travel to Athens to see sights such as the Parthenon, the Temple of Athena, and the Temple of Olympian Zeus.
This cost includes the application and insurance fee paid to Central Piedmont. Once you are accepted into the program, the leader will provide you with additional information about how to submit payment.
Included in Program Fee
- round-trip airfare
- in-country transportations
- various cultural learning excursions and experiences
- entrance fees to historical sites
Not Included in Program Fee
- passport and visa fees (if applicable)
- Central Piedmont course registration associated with the program
- personal expenses (ex: meals in airports, snacks, souvenirs, etc.)
You must register for the Summer 2023 term.
If you are seeking academic credit for your participation you must register for:
- HUM 120 - Cultural Studies
If you are not seeking to earn academic credit for your participation, you must register for TVL 7800 - a non-curriculum course.