1.34 Employee Development and Performance Reviews Policy
The College acknowledges that all employees benefit from ongoing communication with their supervisors on goals, expectations, skills, development, and performance. The intent of this policy is to ensure that a formal process occurs annually in addition to the encouraged informal ongoing feedback throughout the year.
I. Performance Coaching
Designed to achieve the following goals:
- Link the development and performance of the employee to the College’s vision, mission, values, and leadership competencies
- Build talent capacity through development
- Set development and performance objectives so that expectations are clear
- Review the objectives in an on-going manner to encourage more informal and formal conversations between employees and their supervisor
- Reinforce positive work habits and ethics
- Empower the employee regarding professional development
In addition to these outcomes, the supervisor and College will benefit from more frequent conversations and feedback by:
- Obtaining suggestions from the employee on operational and functional enhancements
- Having the opportunity to guide employees through development that improves and enriches the productivity of the individual and the team
- Improving the likelihood of success for employees who participate in their own development and work objectives
All full-time employees, working with their supervisor, shall annually establish an Individual Development Plan (IDP) to formally document and evaluate their development and performance.
If the supervisor determines that an employee’s performance or behavior warrants Corrective Action any time during the Performance Coaching process, the supervisor should contact Employee Relations to begin that process. Refer to the Performance Coaching Procedures for details.
Changes approved by the Board of Trustees on May 6, 2020
Changes approved by Cabinet on Jan 7, 2008; July 27, 2015