Testing and Assessment Centers
The Central Piedmont Testing and Assessment Center provides comprehensive testing services to Central Piedmont students and faculty, local businesses and industries, as well as to the Charlotte-Mecklenburg community and surrounding areas.
Continue reading for our services, policies, and locations and hours.
Central Piedmont has testing centers at several campuses and provides the following services (testing services availability varies by campus). As services become available remotely, they will be listed on this page. In-person placement testing is now available. Remote proctors are currently available through Webex for the following services.(visit the service's page for details):
- Placement testing for Central Piedmont students.
- ACCUPLACER Academic ESL (EFL) placement test.
- Advanced Algebra and Functions (formerly College-Level Math) Placement Test. Request a remote proctor for the Advanced Algebra and Functions Placement Test.
Learn more about our other services:
- TEAS testing for healthcare programs
- Placement testing for College and Career Readiness high school completion and ESL programs
- Course testing for Central Piedmont faculty
- College-Level Examination Program (CLEP®) testing
- GED® testing
- Pearson Vue testing
- Distance proctoring services (for students taking a distance course through an institution other than Central Piedmont)
Central Piedmont does not administer the ACT or SAT college entrance exams.
If you need special accommodations for testing, please contact Disability Services.
In the event of inclement weather or other emergency situations, please listen to area radio and television stations or call 704.330.6888 for announcements regarding the operation of the college. When the college closes, all classes are canceled and testing appointments will need to be rescheduled.
A photo ID is required for all testing services. To maintain testing integrity, and as a courtesy to others, please do not bring children, cell phones, or other electronic devices into testing areas.
Student Academic Integrity
Students are expected to adhere to Central Piedmont's Student Academic Integrity Policy.
Testing Center Locations and Hours
Take time to familiarize yourself with directions to and parking at your scheduled testing center well in advance of your test. On the day of your test, leave with plenty of time to arrive at your test on time. All tests must be turned in before the testing center closes (time varies by center) — plan accordingly based on the length of your test.