Study Abroad in Cusco, Peru 2023: Spanish Immersion in Peru
Immerse yourself in the language and culture of Peru for two or three weeks! Most world travelers are drawn to Cusco for its proximity to the famous Machu Picchu. This is a wonderful land filled with volcanoes and Incan ruins located thousands of feet above sea level. This optional two- or three-week excursion includes Spanish classes, homestays with local families, and several cultural activities.
- two week program: May 28-June 11, 2023
- three week program: May 28-June17, 2023
The costs below are approximate and include the application and insurance fee paid to Central Piedmont. Once you are accepted into the program, the leader will provide you with additional information about how to submit payment.
- two week program: $3,865 (price is slightly higher because tours around Cusco are included)
- three week program: $3,825
Included in Program Fee
- round-trip airfare to Peru
- home-stay with a private room and two meals per day
- tuition for Spanish classes (32 hours for the two-week program, 60 hours for the three-week program)
- cultural activities
- trip to Machu Picchu ruins
- community outreach/service learning in Cusco
Not Included in Program Fee
- passport and visa fees (if applicable)
- Central Piedmont course registration associated with the program
- personal expenses (ex: lunches, snacks, souvenirs, etc.)
You must register for the summer 2023 term.
If you are seeking academic credit for your participation you must register for either:
- SPA (course level to be determined by proficiency or placement test): only offered in the three week program
- HUM 120 - Cultural Studies: only offered in the two week program
If you are not seeking to earn academic credit for your participation, you must register for TVL 7800 - a non-curriculum course.