EMT Certification Course - Fall 2014
This 200 hour course provides the foundation for the student to function as an Emergency Medical Technician with a Pre-hospital EMS Provider. The class combines lecture with skills demonstration and practice. Successfull completion requires a final written exam ad a scenario based practical exam. On successful completion of the program, the student will be eligible to take the North Carolina EMT exam with the NC Office of EMS to be credentialed as a NC EMT - Basic.
- Testing is usually offered by OEMS within two to three weeks after the completion of the session. Test dates will be coordinated by your primary instructor
- This program currently has a success rate of 95% of our students that complete the course passes the NC EMT exam.
- Students that wish to join National Registry of EMT's will need to contact the National Registry directly at http://www.nremt.org/ or see your primary instructor for assistance.
- All applicants to the CPCC Paramedic program are required to hold a current NC EMT or National Registry EMT credential before beginning the program.
- AHA Certification in Health Care Provider CPR is included in this program
- This course requires at least 1 - 12 hour rotation with Mecklenburg EMS Agency as an observer and 12 hour shift in a local Emergency Department. All of these rotations are held on Friday, Saturday or Sunday.
Fall 2014 Classes start on Monday, August 4, 2014 or Tues. August 5, 2014. Registration for Fall 2014 begins July 7, 2014
The process for registration is:
The text book for this class will be Emergency Care and Transportation of the Sick and Injured, Tenth edition. ISBN # 978-1449630546
Tuition must be paid at the time you register for the program:
- Uniform Shirt - item # 41180-0116-477, cost is $ 23.95 + tax
- Uniform Pants - Item # 2112377, cost is $ 38.95 + tax
- In addition to the materials listed above, each student is required to have a wrist watch with a second hand and a stethoscope. Stethoscopes may be purchased from the uniform vendor. Your Instructor will be happy to make recommendations or answer questions regarding one style vs another.
The CAPS (College Access, Parking, and Security) fee provides the ability for appropriate security coverage on campuses.
Schedule for Spring 2014 EMT Training
|Section||Days||Start Date||End Date||Class Time||Class Location|
|06||Mon,Wed + 1 Sat. per month
6pm to 10pm
|07||Tues,Thur + 1 Sat. per month
08:30am to 12:30pm
|08||Tues,Thur + 1 Sat. per month
6:00pm to 10:00pm
Emergency Department and EMS Rotations are scheduled for Friday, Saturday and Sunday.